High Rise Mixed-Use Building in Athens
Technical Consulting Services for Structural Rehabilitation and Dynamic Strengthening of an existing Block of Buildings.
The building complex of YMA-NYMA (as named), is a block of 10 statically independent reinforced concrete structures. Built in different eras – with varying materials and outdated code regulations, the request for structural strengthening was imminent.
The tallest building is 16 storey-high in a severe seismic area such as Athens, with bespoke prerequisites for its dynamic behaviour and performance (in order maintain its function as a telecom hub under all circumstances).
Appointed by the owner of the property– OTE – the major telecommunication company in Greece, Technodynamics is providing technical consulting services, including:
- Due diligence of the analysis and design proposal, checking the validity of the results but also the viability of the proposals and the buildability of the scheme as a whole and in detail.
- Construction Methodology and Project Management Services on behalf of the client, including daily liaising with the main contractor and/or subcontractors and managing RFIs. Proposal of alternative methods of construction to accelerate the schedule.
- Quality Assurance – verifying and confirming the compliance with the designers’ technical specifications and the application of the structural design intent.
- Material Quantity and Fee and Bill Approval on behalf of the client.
As a recognition of our continuous and aiding support to our client, Technodynamics scope was recently extended, including:
- Archive historic drawings, sorting and e-storing.
- CAD merging of the as-built documentation of the existing structure with the newly provided drawings, automating the future information research by hyperlinking the structural elements represented with the archive drawings.
- BIM Level 2 modelling for the whole complex (structural elements existing and strengthening)